New Sidewalk on Grand Prairie
- An informational Meeting will be held at 6 P.M., Tuesday, May 31, 2016 at the Westwood Fire Station, 1310 Nichols Road. In keeping with the goals of being a safer, more walkable community, Kalamazoo Township has acquired the necessary easements to install side walk in the right-of-way on the north side of Grand Prairie from Drake Road to Nichols Road. Construction is anticipated to begin Summer 2016.
Road Repairs Scheduled
- Construction season is almost here and that means the beginning of the 2nd year of repairs and reconstruction for local roads in Kalamazoo Township. Presentations were made by the Road Commission of Kalamazoo County informing atendees of the work schedule and what you should expect to see happening in your neighborhood this summer. If you were unable to attend you can find the information distributed in the links that follow. You can also find weekly updates from the Road Commission on our News and Alerts links.
Meeting Hand Outs - Click Here Meeting Presentation - Click Here
To find a list of roads slated for work this summer and much more information on roads and transportation in Kalamazoo Township by Click Here.
Zoning Ordinance Update
-A public hearing for the zoning ordinance update will take place on June 8, 2016. See special meeting notice above. For the past year your planning commission has been actively involved with a project to update the Township’s Zoning Ordinance, zoning map and design guidelines. The current Zoning Ordinance was adopted in 1947 and has been amended on a regular basis during the past 65+ years without a comprehensive revision. In its current form, the Ordinance fails to meet the Township’s needs in several areas and in some, contradicts Michigan Law.
You can get a preview by clicking the following links: Draft Kalamazoo Township Zoning Ordinance, Draft Zoning Map, 2014 Master Plan.
Single Hauler Garbage Service
- You can find answers to your questions about Single Hauler Garbage Service on our Recycle and Waste page quick links. If you still have questions regarding single hauler garbage services please call Republic Services at their local number 775-3020. Click Here.
- No changes have been made to the Recycling, Bulk Trash Pick-up or Leaf and Brush Pick-up. They are not impacted by the change to a single hauler for weekly garbage service.
- You can find a list of roads slated for repair or reconstruction in 2016 and a description of the work to be done on our Transportation and Roads page. Just Click Here.
- If you need information about your taxes chances are you can get it without calling by clicking TAX INFORMATION.
- Information or forms for voting or running for office can be found on the Clerk's Page.
Kalamazoo Township Receives Friend of Bicycling Award at February 8, 2016 Board Meeting
Presenting the award to Supervisor Ronald Reid are John Olbrot, Renee Mitchell, and Paul Selden of the Kalamazoo Bicycle Club.